Home / About
This image gallery is operated by the European Space Agency (ESA) through the ESAC Archives as a source for publicly released images of the Directorate of Science and Robotic Exploration (D/SRE).
Planetary Data is provided through ESA's PSA, the central repository for all scientific and engineering data returned by ESA's Solar System missions: currently Giotto, Huygens, Mars Express, Rosetta, SMART-1, and Venus Express, as well as several ground-based cometary observations.
Most images have been released publicly by ESA. You may use ESA images or videos for educational or informational purposes. Besides additional licensing for specific instruments or images, released ESA images may be reproduced without fee, on the following conditions:
- Credit ESA as the source of the images. Examples:
- Photo: ESA
- Photo: ESA/Cluster
- Image: ESA/NASA - SOHO/LASCO
- ESA images may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by ESA or any ESA employee of a commercial product, process or service, or used in any other manner that might mislead.
- If an image includes an identifiable person, using that image for commercial purposes may infringe that person‘s right of privacy, and separate permission should be obtained from the individual.
- Some images contained in this website have come from other sources, and this is indicated in the Copyright notice. For re-use of non-ESA images contact the designated authority.
- If ESA images are to be used in advertising or any commercial promotion, layout and copy must be submitted to ESA beforehand for approval to: email@example.com
For any enquiries concerning use of ESA images, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This photo gallery is based on Piwigo.
Piwigo is photo gallery software for the web, built by an active community of users and developers. Extensions make Piwigo easily customisable. And, for icing on the cake, Piwigo is free and opensource.
Visit Piwigo on Facebook website: